[Bioc-sig-seq] how to access the "unique" function in IRanges

Wed Nov 3 17:37:53 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Kunbin Qu <KQu at genomichealth.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a RangedDataList which has many duplicated IRanges. I would like to have a unique set from the original IRanges. I was trying to use the "unique" function, by IRanges::unique (see below), but somehow it was still called from the base. Is there a way to access the unique function, or some other functions I can use to get a unique set of the original IRanges? Thanks.

Can you give a small example of the data that you, and also the result
you expect so we can try to work with it? Maybe you can dput() the
first few elements of your list, or just give a simple toy example in
another way that we could paste into an R session easily.

I'm not sure what you want your end result to be -- do you want to
remove elements in your RangedDataList that contain IRanges that
appear in other parts of the list? Also, why aren't you using an
IRangesList if you are storing IRanges in a list(?))

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou