[Bioc-sig-seq] qa from ShortRead

Kunbin Qu KQu at genomichealth.com
Tue Nov 2 17:08:43 CET 2010

Hi, all:

I have a question about the qa function in ShortRead. I have some fastq sequences with an offset of 33 to encode the quality scores.  As far as I understand Illumina's encoding uses an offset of 64. The quality score vs cycle plot generated from the "qa" seems a little low. Is there a way to adjust the offset in qa? Thanks.

-Kunbin

The contents of this electronic message, including any attachments, are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please send an e-mail to postmaster at genomichealth.com and delete this message, along with any attachments, from your computer.