[Bioc-sig-seq] microarray to RNA-Seq

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sun May 2 23:43:25 CEST 2010

Dear Alper

this sort of clustering is an explorative data analysis technique, as
such there is no single 'right' answer (although there are 'wrong' ones :)

So, what you suggest below is valid, although it could be suboptimal
since the clustering could be dominated by few very large, but unprecise
per-gene ratios especially when one of (Exp1-rpmk) or (Exp2-rpmk) is
small. Section 4.6 and Fig.5 of this paper suggest a remedy:
http://precedings.nature.com/documents/4282/version/2

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang