[Bioc-sig-seq] ChIP-seq analysis in normalization/peak calling between sample and control

Muino, Jose jose.muino at wur.nl
Sat Mar 27 10:41:57 CET 2010

Hi Charlie,
CSAR package has their own function to load the mapped read files  (loadMappedReads).  Although, it is also compatible with the class AlignedRead from  ShortRead package;  you can directly use an AlignedRead object as input on the mappedReads2Nhits function. Let me know if it doesn´t work for you

Most likely the problem with the output wig file is that the chromosome names used by the genome browser (eg: chr1,chr2
) is different to the  chromosome IDs of the fasta file that you were using to map the reads.
If you are using the last version (0.99.4), the easy way to change chromosome names is in the output of ChIPseqScore. Eg:
R> test <- ChIPseqScore(control = nhitsC, sample = nhitsS,file = "test", times = 10000)
R> test$chr<-as.character(c(“chr1”,”chr2”))
R> score2wig(test, file = "test.wig", times = 10000)

 Let me know if you have any problem.
Jose