[Bioc-sig-seq] peak calling/detection algorithm available in Bioconductor?

Droit Arnaud Arnaud.Droit at ircm.qc.ca
Mon Mar 1 15:50:46 CET 2010

Hello,
We have have developed a new method for the probabilistic inference of ChIP-Seq data (PICS) that is based on a Bayesian hierarchical truncated t-mixture model. PICS integrates four important components of ChIP-Seq. First, it jointly models local concentrations of directional reads. Second, it uses mixture models to distinguish closely-spaced adjacent binding events. Third, it incorporates prior information for the length distribution of immunoprecipitated DNA to help resolve closely adjacent binding events, and identifies enriched regions. Fourth, it uses pre-calculated whole-genome read ‘mappability’profiles to adjust local read densities for reads that are missing due to genome repetitiveness.
The software will be submmited this week to BioConductor and we hope available soon.
 Best Regards,
Arnaud.

Arnaud Droit, Ph.D
Computational Biology Unit
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montréal,IRCM
url: http://www.rglab.org<http://www.rglab.org/>
email: arnaud.droit at ircm.qc.ca<x-msg://23/arnaud.droit@ircm.qc.ca>