[Bioc-sig-seq] Rsamtools

Dykema, Karl Karl.Dykema at vai.org
Thu Jan 28 22:50:34 CET 2010

Martin/Steve,

Thanks a lot guys, using the correct chromosome names fixed that problem. Instead of "chr1", I simply needed to use "1". Now I am able to import reads by looping through, but I am getting some strange results. In this whole-exon-capture dataset I would expect the largest chromosomes to have the highest number of reads but that does not appear to be what I am getting (highlighted below). With respect to file size the BAM appears to be within the range I would expect, but after importing into my AlignedRead object I should have roughly 100 times the number of reads I am getting now. Anyone see something I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks again!

-karl

library(org.Hs.eg.db)

lens <- org.Hs.egCHRLENGTHS
lens <- lens[c(1:22,"X","Y")]

i=1
which <- RangesList(IRanges(start=1,end=lens[i]))
names(which) <- names(lens)[i]
params <- ScanBamParam(which=which)
finAR <- .readAligned_bam("../aln.sorted.nodupes.bam",param=params)

for(i in c(2:length(lens))){

	which <- RangesList(IRanges(start=1,end=lens[i]))
	names(which) <- names(lens)[i]
	params <- ScanBamParam(which=which)

	finAR <- append(finAR,.readAligned_bam("../aln.sorted.nodupes.bam",param=params))
}

> sort(table(chromosome(finAR)),dec=T)[1:5]

    12     11      8      X      2
619386 281709 260369 217034 173985