[Bioc-sig-seq] srFilter function in ShortRead

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 9 21:57:19 CET 2010

there are undoubtedly many possibilities, here is a simple stepwise approach
using a closure to satisfy the constraint on filter form (must be
function of one argument 'x')

firstIsX = function(sro, X) {
 as(substr(sread(sro),1,1),"character") == X
}

firstIsA = srFilter(function(x) firstIsX(x,"A"), name="firstIsA")

example(srFilter) # to get aln, an instance of AlignedRead, into scope

aln[firstIsA(aln)]  # seems to comply

sread( aln[ firstIsA(aln) ] )  # seems to do what was requested