[Bioc-sig-seq] Coverage for RangeList?

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 20 05:24:49 CEST 2010

Jane,
In BioC 2.5 (release) / R 2.10 and soon to be released BioC 2.6 / R
2.11, the man page for coverage in the IRanges package describes the
shift and width arguments, which allow you to vary the bounds for each
chromosome/contig within the GRanges/RangesList/RangedData object. As
Paul mentioned, the source of the data can influence how you choose to
represent your data so it is tricky to speak in generalities. If you
provide a workflow begining with the data source, we can provide you
code that should work for you.

Cheers,
Patrick