[Bioc-sig-seq] Fwd: SFC#00118080 - Control over file name format?

Michael Muratet mmuratet at hudsonalpha.org
Fri Oct 9 17:20:03 CEST 2009

Greetings

The latest version of the Illumina SCS software (v2.4) writes
intensity files to network disk storage in separate folders for each
cycle and without leading zeros, e.g., s_1_10.cif. The position files,
however, do have leading zeros, e.g., s_1_0010_pos.txt. I checked the
manuals and couldn't find a way to change one file name or the other
and so I checked with Illumina and their response is below.

I think the best way to handle the difference WRT reading *.cif files
in ShortRead is to make a list of all pos file names, delete the
leading zeros, and then search that list with the pattern from
readIntensities. Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers

Mike

Begin forwarded message:

mmuratet at hudsonalpha.org