[Bioc-sig-seq] readAligned and BAM format

Daniel Klevebring dakl at kth.se
Sat Nov 7 10:16:10 CET 2009

Hi all,

Rsamtools looks very interesting. I tried installing it as described below but I get

gcc -std=gnu99 -I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include  -I/sw/include -I/usr/local/include -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Biostrings/include" -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/IRanges/include"  -D_USE_KNETFILE -Dinline="" -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -fPIC  -g -O2 -c cigar.c -o cigar.o
cigar.c: In function ‘cigar_to_list_of_IRanges’:
cigar.c:257: error: ‘RangeAEAE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cigar.c:257: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
cigar.c:257: error: for each function it appears in.)
cigar.c:257: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘range_aeae’
cigar.c:262: error: ‘range_aeae’ undeclared (first use in this function)
cigar.c:262: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘new_RangeAEAE’
cigar.c:279: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘RangeAEAE_asLIST’
cigar.c:279: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
make: *** [cigar.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘Rsamtools’
* Removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rsamtools’

I'm on Mac OS X 10.6.1 with R 2.9.2 and Rsamtools 0.1.16. Any ideas on this?

Thanks
Daniel Klevebring