[Bioc-sig-seq] Extracting DNA sequences from BSgenome.Mmusculus.UCSC.mm9_1.3.11

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu May 28 19:50:11 CEST 2009

Use Views, like

tmp = Views(Mmusculus$chr1, start = VECTOR, end = VECTOR)

You can afterwards convert tmp into other objects, f.eks. a
DNAStringSet or a character vector. I know
   DNAStringSet(tmp)
works and I would guess that
   as.character(tmp)
works as well (otherwise you can do as.character(DNAStringSet(tmp))  )

You can specify a view by some combination of start, end, width

If you have several chromosomes, you will need something like an
lapply over the chromosomes

Kasper