[Bioc-sig-seq] calculate alignable portion of the genome

simon andrews (BI) simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon May 11 10:50:42 CEST 2009

I recently did this for a whole human chromosome using a Perl wrapper around bowtie[1].  It could do a whole chromosome against a full genome in a few minutes, so anything smaller would be much quicker.

I'm happy to share the script I used, but you'd need to adapt it for your own needs.  My script was just collecting statistics, but it would be a trivial change to make it write out the uniquely mapping fragments.

Simon.

[1] http://bowtie-bio.sourceforge.net