[Bioc-sig-seq] packages for sequence assembly?

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 22:23:16 CEST 2009

Sorry ... GMail just gave me a 'server error 700' I'll try resending
this at the risk of creating duplicates...

On this topic...

I heard about R analysis for recalling the encoded Solexa image files
(are these the Bustard files?). Is such a sophisticated base calling
analysis also available for SFF files for the Roche 454 data?

The 454 error model (tendency for poly-nucleotide repeats) seems
suitable for capturing in a HMM... is there facility in R to build HMM
based read mapping?

I think it could be very interesting to try to develop this.

Cheers,
Dan.