[Bioc-sig-seq] read paired end alignment results

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed Jul 8 01:12:32 CEST 2009

Wu, Xiwei wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> Does readAligned function within ShortRead package support read in
> paired-end alignment result? Also, does the coverage or pileup function
> support paired-end information? Thanks.

only indirectly at the moment, e.g., by the user subletting the object
into pairs based on id or other information. There are no special
facilities in coverage or pileup to deal with this.

I'd be interested in hearing how you'd like to use this data, from you
or other users, on this list or off.

Martin