[Bioc-sig-seq] Plotting Coverage for inhouse genome

Pratap, Abhishek APratap at som.umaryland.edu
Thu Dec 3 02:47:24 CET 2009

Hi Patrick

Trying few more things I was atleast able to deal with selecting only
one Chr with filtered reads.

ned_chr <- chromosome(aln) == "K-10_OM_revised.fasta"
filtered <- alignData(aln)[["filtering"]] == "Y"
aln_chr_1_filt <- aln[ned_chr & filtered]

levels(chromosome(aln_chr_1_filt) )
[1] "K-10_OM_revised.fasta"

But the problem with coverage functions still remains the same.

cov_rLe <- coverage(x=aln_chr_1_filt, start=1, end=4832581, shift=0L,
width=NULL,weight=1L,coords="leftmost",extend=0L);

Error: UserArgumentMismatch
  'names(shift)' (or 'names(start)') mismatch with
'levels(chromosome(x))'
  see ?"AlignedRead-class"
In addition: Warning message:
UserArgumentMismatch
  use 'shift'/'width'  instead of 'start'/'end'

-Abhi