[Bioc-sig-seq] About trimming adaptor of Solexa short reads

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Apr 30 17:02:03 CEST 2009

Dan Bolser wrote:
> 2009/4/27 James W. MacDonald <jmacdon at med.umich.edu>:
>> There is some older information from BioC2008 here (starting on page 12):
>>
>> http://www.bioconductor.org/workshops/2008/BioC2008/labs/PairwiseSequenceAlignments/Alignments.pdf
>>
>> Or you could search the Bioc-sig-seq listserv for newer information:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=adapter&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=https%3A%2F%2Fstat.ethz.ch%2Fpipermail%2Fbioc-sig-sequencing%2F&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images
>
> Is there a wiki where this info gets logged?

Unfortunately, no (or fortunately, if you are the person charged with
updating the wiki). We have dabbled a bit with using a wiki to track
information or certain long-running discussions, but it's like having a
microwave at work - most people want to use it, but nobody has the time
or inclination to keep it clean.

Fortunately there are many people who subscribe to the various BioC
lists who are more than helpful, and our friend google is really good at
finding their responses, given the correct search string. So we rely on
the list archives as the primary store of information rather than a wiki.

Best,

Jim