[Bioc-sig-seq] gapped alignment

Patrick Aboyoun paboyoun at fhcrc.org
Fri Apr 24 20:50:24 CEST 2009

Thomas and Lana,
The pairwiseAlignment() function supports vectorized alignments where
either a vector of sequences can either be aligned to a single sequence
or to a vector of sequences where pattern[1] is aligned to subject[1],
pattern[2] is aligned to subject[2], etc. The looping is then pushed
down to the C level, which is much faster than looping at the R level.

Patrick