[Bioc-sig-seq] (no subject) Changed: Overall directions

Mark W Kimpel mwkimpel at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:30:47 CET 2008

As a potential end-user who is just beginning to use a large Linux
cluster and explore Rmpi, I would lobby for structures and algorithms
that rely more heavily on parallel processing and not on massive amounts
of RAM. The systems that I have available consist of nodes with 4
processors which have to share 8 GB of RAM. OTOH, I can request up to 40
nodes for one batch.

It might be interesting what other end users will have available in
regards to compute platforms and from the developers the feasibility of
parallelizing the process as much as possible.

I'm not an expert, just very interested in this as one of my close
colleagues is preparing a grant which will require these types of analyses.

Mark

Mark W. Kimpel MD  ** Neuroinformatics ** Dept. of Psychiatry
Indiana University School of Medicine

15032 Hunter Court, Westfield, IN  46074

(317) 490-5129 Work, & Mobile & VoiceMail
(317) 204-4202 Home (no voice mail please)

mwkimpel<at>gmail<dot>com