[Bioc-devel] [question about class extension]

Delphine Charif de|ph|ne@ch@r|| @end|ng |rom |nr@e@|r
Tue Jan 23 14:44:18 CET 2024

Dear Bioc developer,

We are developing a package and have used the MultiAssayExperiment class to manage our data.
We need to impose a particular structure on the slot metadata of the MAE object (list => named list)
because we havec defined methods that depend on this named list.
Is it good practice to extend the MAE class for the specificity of our metadata structure or is it better
to define new methods applying to a MAE object  (and check the metadata structure )?

Thanks in advance,

Delphine CHARIF
+33 (0)1 30 83 35 24

IJPB<https://ijpb.versailles.inrae.fr/> - <https://www.inrae.fr/> INRAE<https://www.inrae.fr/>