[Bioc-devel] How to push to release branch

James W. MacDonald jm@cdon @end|ng |rom uw@edu
Thu Jan 11 15:38:18 CET 2024

It's not clear from your screenshot that you checked out the release branch, made the fix, and then tried to push? You don't want to push your devel branch onto the release branch.

https://contributions.bioconductor.org/git-version-control.html#bug-fix-in-release-and-devel

-----Original Message-----
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of Yue Cao via Bioc-devel
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2024 9:35 PM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org
Subject: [Bioc-devel] How to push to release branch

Dear Bioconductor team,

I have received package building error for scFeatures https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://master.bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.18/bioc-LATEST/scFeatures/nebbiolo2-checksrc.html__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!ndWcNrE9ea12ac-vnY2R3-qffBIu5QKAl21UGUFGS1vAgQtMtfA4DyJLJulx1KBBXJedA6BBhfyL3aPEiVyh8A$

It seems it is building on the RELEASE_3_18 branch. I have pushed everything to the devel branch, but I believe I would need to push on the release branch to fix this building error.

However, while I can push to the devel branch, I got errors when pushing to the release branch (as shown in the screenshot attachment).

Wondering if you have any clue on this. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Yue