[Bioc-devel] Build errors from recent breaking ggplot2 changes

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Tue Feb 27 13:23:05 CET 2024

thanks for the report, we will discuss this today.  it should be possible
to address this soon.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2024 at 6:02 AM Stevie Pederson <
stephen.pederson.au using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the package ComplexUpset as a dependency for some packages and the
> recent changes to ggplot2 v3.5.0 have thrown a spanner in the works.
> ComplexUpset calls `theme_minimal()` internally, but it appears that after
> updating to ggplot2 v3.5.0 locally this specific call is still returning
> values as for ggplot2 3.4.x which throws a build error for my packages,
> despite this being a direct call to the ggplot2 function theme_minimal(). I
> suspect that ComplexUpdate's call to theme_minmal() is somehow returning
> values from the version of ggplot2 that was installed at the time of it's
> own install. I uninstalled ComplexUpset locally and reinstalled it and this
> has fixed the error for me. The identical call is now returning values
> which are compatible with ggplot2 v3.5.0
>
> As there are no package updates for ComplexUpset, I can't see this being
> resolved on the BBS any other way than a clean reinstall of ComplexUpset.
> Do complete reinstalls happen regularly, or are they only triggered by
> package updates? If the latter, is there a way of performing a manual
> reinstall of ComplexUpset on the BBS
>
> Sorry if that's a bit confusing. Please see
> https://github.com/krassowski/complex-upset/issues/195 for more details
>
> Thanks Stevie

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}