[Bioc-devel] Check time on macOS (MIRit)

Jacopo Ronchi j@copo@ronch| @end|ng |rom un|m|b@|t
Wed Feb 7 11:18:31 CET 2024

Dear developers,

I am struggling to reduce R CMD check times for my package, MIRit, on
macOS. The check on linux takes 4 minutes, while on macOS it needs 9/10
minutes. I have severely reduced the size of examples and tests, which now
use smaller datasets and cached resources.

On linux, unit tests require 30 seconds more or less, and examples 40
seconds. On the other hand, macOS tests take 100 seconds, and 75 for the
examples. The issue is that sometimes the check runs in less than 10
minutes, sometimes it needs a little bit more.

However I am out of ideas on how to further reduce examples and tests...
The vignette is really extensive, but since SPB uses the "--no-vignette"
option this should not influence heavily on this behavior, at least to my
understanding.

Sorry for bothering you,
Best regards,
Jacopo