[Bioc-devel] Package Size Greater than 5 MB due to html files from inst/Doc

Jean-Philippe Villemin jpv|||em|n @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 8 11:56:51 CEST 2023

Hi all,

My package size is not very huge but I'm struggling to make it smaller.
It's mainly due to a html file from the inst/Doc directory which includes a
lot of figures. (20fig ~ 50-100kb)

Are these html files mandatory inside the source package ? Can we remove it
and if yes, how ?

So then the only solution is to remove some figures files, or decrease
their quality to make the html smaller, right?

Output from R cmd check package.tar.gz

* checking installed package size ... NOTE
  installed size is  7.1Mb
  sub-directories of 1Mb or more:
    data   1.6Mb
    doc    2.6Mb
    help   2.3Mb

Note help contains the figures from (man/figures) directory.
Doc contains the html using these figures...

Thanks.

--
*Jean-Philippe Villemin   *- Bioinformatics, PhD -

Cancer Bioinformatics and Systems Biology

Institut de Recherche en Cancérologie de Montpellier

Inserm U1194

*jpvillemin using gmail.com <jpvillemin using gmail.com>*