[Bioc-devel] Package problems due to results() function from other package?

Christian Arnold chr@rno|d @end|ng |rom web@de
Sat Oct 28 16:15:48 CEST 2023

For my package SNPhood that did not receive any code changes or updates
in quite a while, I suddenly see errors with Bioc 3.18:
https://master.bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.18/bioc-LATEST/SNPhood/nebbiolo2-buildsrc.html

Error: processing vignette 'workflow.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
unused argument (type = "allelicBias")

This comes from this line I think:

names(results(SNPhood.o, type = "allelicBias"))

For literally years, this didnt cause any problems, and the results
function is actually (re)defined in the SNPhood package:

results <- function(SNPhood.o, type, elements = NULL)

I am not sure now what causes this. Should I use the syntax
SNPhood::results to make it clear, or I am wrongly assuming that the
wrong result function is taken that causes the error?

Any pointers?

Best

Christian