[Bioc-devel] Build error for CaDrA package on kunpeng2 Linux machine

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 18 21:48:35 CEST 2023

Hi Reina,

Note that CaDrA results on Mac ARM64 are also affected:
https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-mac-arm64-LATEST/CaDrA/

See Martin Grigorov's blog post here
https://blog.bioconductor.org/posts/2023-06-09-debug-linux-arm64-on-docker/
for how to debug Linux ARM64 related issues on a x86_64 host.

Note that different architectures use slightly different floating point
arithmetic with slightly different precision. This can affect the
results of your numerical calculations. The degree to which they are
affected will vary greatly depending on what calculations you perform
and how you perform them. So it's important to implement things in a way
that tries to minimize the impact of these variations as much as possible.

Best,

H.