[Bioc-devel] Release Package Update Issue

Guy Hunt guypwhunt1992 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 17 05:59:16 CEST 2023

Hi

I have updated the devel version of my Bioconductor package successfully.

However, I am having issues updating my package's release version.

This is the command I am using to push my updates:
git push upstream RELEASE_3_17

This is the error message I received:
Enumerating objects: 5, done.
Counting objects: 100% (5/5), done.
Delta compression using up to 8 threads
Compressing objects: 100% (3/3), done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 295 bytes | 295.00 KiB/s, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
remote: FATAL: W refs/heads/RELEASE_3_17 packages/GEOexplorer guypwhunt
DENIED by fallthru
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/RELEASE_3_17
To git.bioconductor.org:packages/GEOexplorer.git
 ! [remote rejected] RELEASE_3_17 -> RELEASE_3_17 (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git.bioconductor.org:
packages/GEOexplorer.git'

I have looked through the documentation online but I am struggling to
overcome this issue.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

All the best,
Guy