[Bioc-devel] arm64 on Mac build fails due to problem with MPO.db

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 12 18:24:09 CEST 2023

On 10/12/23 00:45, Matteo Tiberti wrote:

> Hi Hervé,
>
> Thank you for your comment and for looking into our package – it would
> definitely make sense to try and not depend on clusterProfiler if it
> is that heavy of a dependency (and we don’t use it so much as you
> mention), more in general working in the direction of removing
> little-used or heavy dependencies would speed things up all around and
> reduce the chance of having failures because of changes/failures of
> dep. packages. We will try and reassess the package imports in this
> direction.
>
> It would be great if we could obtain e.g. a dependency graph – or at
> least know how many (unique) dependencies each of our deps has, e.g. I
> saw that miniCRAN can do something similar

I think there are a number of tools already that you can use to do this
kind of analysis e.g. basic low-level tools like
tools::package_dependencies() but also more high-level ones with
advanced functionalities like pkgndep (CRAN package) etc...

H.