[Bioc-devel] arm64 on Mac build fails due to problem with MPO.db

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 11 19:30:33 CEST 2023

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for letting us know.

FWIW the dependency on MPO.db is via clusterProfiler and DOSE.

Not directly addressing the issue but note that clusterProfiler is a
heavy-weight dependency that triggers the loading of 120+ packages. All
together, loading Moonlight2R with library(Moonlight2R) triggers the

Have you considered trying to make Moonlight2R dependencies lighter? For
example it seems that the only thing that the package uses from
clusterProfiler is clusterProfiler::bitr(), which is a simple
convenience wrapper around AnnotationDbi::select() used inside your
GSEA() function. I wonder if some of these deps could perhaps be moved
from Imports to Suggests, with the hope to make library(Moonlight2R)
lighter and faster.

Best,
H.