[Bioc-devel] package name

mauro castro m@uro@@@c@@tro @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 24 23:17:09 CET 2023

Hello Bioconductor Team,

We have a package that has been part of Bioconductor for a while, and we
are considering the possibility of renaming it.

We understand that this is not a straightforward process, and we are aware
of Bioconductor's encouragement not to rename packages.

However, we are currently working on publishing a paper about this package.
Following editorial recommendations, we have been asked to address several
reviewer demands, one of which involves renaming the package to better
align its primary objectives with the paper's narrative, title, and
abstract.

If necessary, we are open to deprecating the current package and submitting
a revised proposal with a new name.

I  would greatly appreciate your assistance in navigating this process.

Best,

Mauro

---

Prof. Mauro Castro, MD, PhD