[Bioc-devel] compilation of a package

Franck RICHARD |r@nck@r|ch@rd @end|ng |rom w|n@t@r@@net
Fri May 19 13:14:56 CEST 2023

Hello,

I have just finished writing a new package for bioconductor that should
work with Cuda and c++ code. The problem is that the package requires
the installation of many development suites (cuda devtools, Rtools, MSVC
compilations tools) under Windows and the compilation time under Windows
is important (15 minutes or more). I am afraid that this discourages
many people. Also, I would like to provide the Windows executables
directly in the package...

Under linux, the compilation seems to me unavoidable because of the risk
of incompatibility with the libc library...

Is it possible to indicate a compilation under linux and no compilation
under windows in the DESCRIPTION file or should I make two different
packages?

Thanks for your help!

Franck