[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor packages released: archive

Lluís Revilla ||u|@@rev|||@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun May 7 17:25:51 CEST 2023

Dear all,

I'm looking into the impact of two packages and I want to check
Bioconductor packages that depend on them (around 130).

There are some functions to retrieve information about CRAN with the
current packages and all the previous releases: tools:::CRAN_archive_db()
and tools::CRAN_package_db()

Those files provide information I want such as the release date and
(indirectly) the number of releases of those packages.

With BiocPkgTools::biocPkgList() I can retrieve the latest release date of
each package but not the number of previous releases. Is there something
similar for Bioconductor that returns all the release dates?

Best wishes,

Lluís