[Bioc-devel] Push changes to release branch

Jennifer Wokaty Jenn||er@Wok@ty @end|ng |rom @ph@cuny@edu
Mon Mar 27 22:20:46 CEST 2023

Yes, you should make changes on release as well. You can read more about how to do this at https://contributions.bioconductor.org/git-version-control.html#bug-fix-in-release-and-devel.
Chapter 21 Git Version Control | Bioconductor Packages: Development, Maintenance, and Peer Review<https://contributions.bioconductor.org/git-version-control.html#bug-fix-in-release-and-devel>
The Bioconductor project is maintained in a Git source control system. Package maintainers update their packages by pushing changes to their git repositories. This chapter contains several...
contributions.bioconductor.org

Jennifer Wokaty (they/them)

Waldron Lab at CUNY SPH
Bioconductor Core Team
________________________________
From: Bioc-devel <bioc-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of matine rb <matinerb.94 using gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2023 4:09 PM
To: bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [Bioc-devel] Push changes to release branch

***ATTENTION: This email came from an external source. Do not open attachments or click on links from unknown senders or unexpected emails.***

Hi Bioc-team,

I am the maintainer of the HPiP package. The package showed a problem last
couple of weeks and I have already committed changes to the devel branch.
The package is fine now without any errors or warnings in the devel branch.
My question is do I need to commit those changes to the release branch as
well?

Thank you,
Matineh Rahmatbakhsh