[Bioc-devel] "Graphics API version mismatch": Devel package check on macOS failing

Sarvesh Nikumbh @@rve@h@n|kumbh @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 27 12:38:38 CEST 2023

Hi,

I see some devel packages (including my package seqArchRplus
<http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/seqArchRplus/merida1-checksrc.html>)
failing on macOS due to "Graphics API version mismatch". The R-devel
announcement here <https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/NEWS.html>
has the following note under the Graphics head, which is probably the cause
of this error (as a similar error was caused on an earlier occasion)

GRAPHICS

   -

   The graphics engine version, R_GE_version, has been bumped to 16 and so
   packages that provide graphics devices should be reinstalled.

I believe re-installing Cairo on the build machine should be helpful here?
Please let us know if there is anything that developers can/should do.

Thanks and best wishes,
  Sarvesh

--

thanks!