[Bioc-devel] S4 Methods Documentation Convention Triggers Warnings

Hervé Pagès hp@ge@@on@g|thub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jan 27 16:56:08 CET 2023

On 27/01/2023 02:00, Dario Strbenac via Bioc-devel wrote:

> Good day,
>
> So, is the ultimate solution to manually change everything to the format of
>
> \item{\code{show(x)}:}{
> } ?

I think I will do this in my own packages. Still need to make those
changes though, just didn't have time to work on a script to automate this.

> The warnings persist, so it does not seem as though R will revert to allowing the currently-popular syntax past its check.

I don't see that anybody complained about this on R-devel, so they don't
really have a reason to revert.

H.

Hervé Pagès

Bioconductor Core Team