[Bioc-devel] pack files not deleted from .git history

Park, Adam Keebum @e|n@p@rk @end|ng |rom p@u@edu
Sat Jan 14 01:03:10 CET 2023

Dear community,

I am desperately seeking a savor floundering in a pitfall for a few days. 🙂

I have used BFG Repo-Cleaner for deleting files over 5mb in the git history. (Thanks to a recommendation from the community!)
However, BioChecker is still emitting warning messages pointing out a .pack file every time I run it.

I have used multiple different commands to delete some of them (e.g. git filter-branch) but none perfectly saved me. It seems endlessly many are still left. (While BFG says no large files remain in the repo!)

The most frustrating part is that I cannot even list them out.
For example, the official git codes below do not output any suspiciously large files.
​```
objects=`git verify-pack -v .git/objects/pack/pack-*.idx | grep -v chain | sort -k3nr `
for y in $objects
do
    size=$((`echo $y | cut -f 5 -d ' '`))
    sha=`echo $y | cut -f 1 -d ' '`
    info=`git rev-list --all --objects | grep $sha`
    output="${output}\n${size},${info}"
done
​```

Could anyone used to this issue help me?

Sincerely,
Adam.