[Bioc-devel] Support for Linux ARM64

Martin Grigorov m@rt|n@gr|gorov @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jan 5 11:01:00 CET 2023

Dear community,

Happy and successful new year!

Appologies if this has been discussed before but
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/ does not provide search
facilities and my googling didn't help much!

I'd like to ask whether Linux ARM64 is officially supported ?
I know that Mac ARM64 is supported since 3.16 [1] [2].
I cannot find such test results for Linux ARM64 and the site search [3]
also mentions "arm64" only in context of "macOS".
In addition the Docker images are also single-platform [4] (linux/amd64).

How can we help to add support for Linux ARM64 ?
My employer is willing to donate VMs and man power if the community is
interested in adding support for Linux ARM64!

Regards,
Martin

1. https://bioconductor.org/news/bioc_3_16_release/
2. https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.17/bioc-mac-arm64-LATEST/