[Bioc-devel] Important Bioconductor Updates: New Website, Instructor Recruitment, Translation Session & Sticker Contest

Maria.Doyle M@r|@@Doy|e @end|ng |rom u|@|e
Fri Dec 22 16:50:08 CET 2023

Dear Bioconductor Community,

As we approach the holiday season, we have a few exciting updates and opportunities we wish to share with you:

New Bioconductor Website Launching January 3rd
Our new website design is focused on being more welcoming and accessible. Preview it at http://new.bioconductor.org and provide feedback in Slack #biocwebsite. [Note that https is not supported on the preview but will be active once live.]

Bioconductor Carpentries Instructor Recruitment
Join us as an instructor to shape the future of Bioconductor education. Apply here: https://forms.gle/HEBUcRJh814XPqe4A.

Upcoming Collaboration Session with the Carpentries
Join us on December 29th, 4-5PM PST to learn how to translate Bioconductor Carpentries lessons using Crowdin i.e. AI supported translation [DeepL + Google Translation API + ChatGPT API]. Details in the community calendar: https://carpentries.org/community/

EuroBioC2024 Sticker Contest
Design the official conference sticker and win free registration. Enter by January 31st here: https://forms.gle/ALx3UUAuqzcazGbeA.

For more details on each of these, please visit the respective links provided above.

We appreciate your ongoing contribution to the Bioconductor community and look forward to an exciting 2024.

Best regards,
Maria

Maria Doyle, PhD
Bioconductor Community Manager

School of Medicine,
University of Limerick, Limerick, V94 T9PX
Ireland
Email: maria.doyle using ul.ie<mailto:maria.doyle using ul.ie>
Phone (office): +353 61 234 768
[I work flexible hours across several time zones. I don't expect you to read or respond to my emails outside of your normal working hours]