[Bioc-devel] Fwd: geneplast.data version number issue

Leonardo Campos |eo||e|d@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Aug 22 13:17:18 CEST 2023

Maybe I've sent it to the wrong email. Forwarding here.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Leonardo Campos <leofields using gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 8:41 PM
Subject: geneplast.data version number issue
To: CoreTeam Bioconductor <bioconductorcoreteam using gmail.com>

Dear Bioconductor team,

I have noticed that my annotation package (geneplast.data) still has a
"new-package" version number (0.99.6) in the current release (3.17),
although its original release date was back in 2020.

According to this documentation (Chapter 22 Version Numbering |
Bioconductor Packages: Development, Maintenance, and Peer Review
<https://contributions.bioconductor.org/versionnum.html#versionnum>), it
should have been bumped to (1.0.0) in its first release, right?

I want to push some fixes to the package's vignette in the release branch,
but the remote rejects it:

*remote: Error: Illegal version bump from '0.99.6' to '0.99.7'.*

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,

Leonardo RS Campos