[Bioc-devel] Request for advice on ANCOMBC package error messages in Linux platform

Huang Lin (Frederick) hu@ng||n|reder|ck @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 18 21:05:37 CEST 2023

Dear BioC team,

I am the creator of the ANCOMBC package (
http://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/ANCOMBC.html).

Recently, I committed a bug-fixed change to the ANCOMBC package.
Unfortunately, I received error messages for both Bioc 3.16 and 3.17. The
error occurred ONLY on the Linux platform (nebbiolo2 for Bioc 3.16, and
nebbiolo1 for Bioc 3.17), stating a vignette re-building error that :

Error(s) in re-building vignettes:

--- re-building ‘ANCOM.Rmd’ using rmarkdown

--- finished re-building ‘ANCOM.Rmd’

--- re-building ‘ANCOMBC.Rmd’ using rmarkdown

--- finished re-building ‘ANCOMBC.Rmd’

--- re-building ‘ANCOMBC2.Rmd’ using rmarkdown

Quitting from lines 1093-1103 (ANCOMBC2.Rmd)

Error: processing vignette 'ANCOMBC2.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:

object 'out' not found

--- failed re-building ‘ANCOMBC2.Rmd’

--- re-building ‘SECOM.Rmd’ using rmarkdown

--- finished re-building ‘SECOM.Rmd’

SUMMARY: processing the following file failed:

  ‘ANCOMBC2.Rmd’

Error: Vignette re-building failed.

Execution halted

The package works fine with Windows and macOS platforms.

As the release date for Bioc 3.17 is approaching, I would greatly
appreciate your advice on how to address this issue in a timely manner.

Thank you very much!

Best,

Huang Lin