[Bioc-devel] extraChIPs builds failing on palamino3 and merida1

Stevie Pederson @tephen@peder@on@@u @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 12 09:52:28 CEST 2023

Hi,

I've introduced some C code, modified from FMStable on CRAN, to the
intended Bioc 3.17 release of extraChIPs. When I build using github actions
it works for all three platforms (
https://github.com/smped/extraChIPs/actions/runs/4669758037), but fails on
palamino3 and merida1. The build report is here:
https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/extraChIPs/. It's
really not my C code so I'm flying a little blind as I'm very much a baby
in the world of C. I actually wish I could just import the compiled version
directly from FMStable but can't figure out how, even after hours of
googling & trying everything within in my capacity. The speedup using this
is >100-fold so it brings function execution time from minutes to seconds.

As I'm trying to figure this out, one thought I had was that an early push
erroneously contained the .o and .so files. I've since deleted these from
the repository. Are they resident on those servers still and is that
causing the problems? If so, how can I fix this? If not, does anyone have
any suggestions?

The actual functions which call the routines are at the bottom of
https://github.com/smped/extraChIPs/blob/devel/R/mergeByHMP.R

Thanks in advance,

Stevie