[Bioc-devel] orthogene: killed while reading tree

Brian Schilder br|@n_@ch||der @end|ng |rom @|umn|@brown@edu
Wed Apr 5 17:38:15 CEST 2023

Hi everyone,

After some pushes upstream to my package orthogene<https://bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/orthogene.html>, I noticed that the release version (3.16) is failing on the server because it was �Killed� midway through. But I can�t see any details that explain why or how it was killed.
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/orthogene/nebbiolo2-checksrc.html

The only thing I know is that is occurs at the step where a large tree (147k species, stored as a 5.3Mb newick file) is being read into R with ape::read.tree
https://github.com/neurogenomics/orthogene/blob/4e41e6322507a929562fc77cbdc602bc084a34bf/R/prepare_tree.R#L115

Oddly, this same code seems to work fine on devel (3.17):
http://bioconductor.org/packages/3.17/bioc/html/orthogene.html

Anyone know why this might be?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Brian Schilder
PhD Candidate
UK Dementia Research Institute at Imperial College London
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Brain Sciences, Neurogenomics Lab
CV | https://bschilder.github.io/CV/CV<https://bschilder.github.io/CV/CV.html>
LinkedIn | linkedin.com/in/brian-schilder<https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-schilder/>
Twitter | twitter.com/BMSchilder<http://www.twitter.com/BMSchilder>
Lab | neurogenomics.co.uk<http://neurogenomics.co.uk>