[Bioc-devel] Broken dependency (corncob) with new version of a package (detectseparation)

Matteo Calgaro mc@|g@ro93 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 5 23:44:55 CEST 2022

Hello,

I received a notification that my package "benchdamic" was failing to
build. The cause was the new version v0.3 of a CRAN package named
"detectseparation" which is a dependency of "corncob" which is a dependency
of "bencdamic".

So "corncob" stopped working as pointed out by this issue (
https://github.com/bryandmartin/corncob/issues/141) and my package too. So
I made some changes at the description file of "benchdamic", including the
old version of "detectseparation" v0.2 among the "Depends" packages.

As locally I've installed the "detectseparation" v0.2 package, "benchdamic"
builds and installs correctly, however in the main and devel releases it
fails (all the packages are up-to-date there).

I think that a temporary solution could be removing "corncob" from the pool
of methods available in "benchdamic" until the maintainers solve the issue.
Do you see any other less invasive solution?

Thanks in advance,

Matteo Calgaro
PhD Student in Biotechnology
University of Verona