[Bioc-devel] Problems pushing to release version of package

Steve Lianoglou @||@nog|ou @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Oct 19 23:08:58 CEST 2022

Howdy,

On Wed, Oct 19, 2022 at 1:55 PM Russell Bainer <russ.bainer using gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am trying to update an error in the release version of my package, but
> after following the instructions here:
>

> https://contributions.bioconductor.org/git-version-control.html#sync-existing-repositories
>
> I am unable to push upstream:
>
>  git push upstream RELEASE_3_15
> > Warning: remote port forwarding failed for listen port 52698

As of 2 days ago (Lori sent an email out then), the 3_15 branch is frozen,
so I'm guessing this is what you're tripping up on. You can now only push
to master in prep for the 3.16 release.

-steve