[Bioc-devel] Package Classifications via BiocViews

Kern, Lori Lor|@Shepherd @end|ng |rom Ro@we||P@rk@org
Wed Oct 5 14:56:02 CEST 2022

I believe this should all be taken care of now.  Please let us know if anything does not seem correct but gemma.R should now be a software package and not have an association with data/experiment

Cheers,

Lori Shepherd - Kern

Bioconductor Core Team

Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center

Elm & Carlton Streets

Buffalo, New York 14263

________________________________
From: Burak Ogan Mancarci <ogan.mancarcii using gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 2:55 AM
To: Herv� Pag�s <hpages.on.github using gmail.com>
Cc: Kern, Lori <Lori.Shepherd using RoswellPark.org>; bioc-devel using r-project.org <bioc-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Bioc-devel] Package Classifications via BiocViews

I have switched out the terms. Thanks a lot and sorry about the mess.

Cheers,
Ogan

On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 4:36 PM Herv� Pag�s <hpages.on.github using gmail.com<mailto:hpages.on.github using gmail.com>> wrote:
On 28/09/2022 16:03, Herv� Pag�s wrote:

> Hi Burak,
>
> Based on your description of what the package does, this is really a
> software package in nature, so is in the wrong repository. We need to
> fix this.
>
> In 4 steps:
>
> 1. Please remove the ExperimentData term from the biocViews field as
> well as any term that belongs to the ExperimentData ontology, that is:
> DiseaseModel, OrganismData, Homo_sapiens_Data, Mus_musculus_Data,
> Rattus_norvegicus_Data, TechnologyData, MicroarrayData,
> SequencingData, and RNASeqData. Yep, most of your terms will go away.

After taking a second look I realize that **all** your current terms are
from the ExperimentData ontology, instead of being a mix of Software and
ExperimentData terms as I thought initially. So they should all be removed.

> 2. Add the Software term, in first position. You're welcome to add new
> terms if you want, from the following vocabulary:
> https://github.com/Bioconductor/biocViews/blob/master/inst/dot/biocViewsVocab.dot<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1HsI4_qyxulTiGwT330qZq188MAh-YTIB-1RpQwM0annyTzCK_dwcGjFfGvDLCe3-Es2wOrZHcm8_oAvh8KzNTBpPLP1bwAH864RCohx4VONiwmJFKyStEMlMpJRFqbTvgWL-Ia9Ma1uLdgafCIUEaZOTDEBjC2IgTU4VeV3m07ze2ohtkeXgo5QtO6qfBULFu1rGGGibgomjLs5Jhgzqih2kGyYmQ3gDr_8b0Ue81jSe_gsJtzceJs3YGQs_466B-SmT1onTu4wpVdcVsBgHgJdqAztZ1c7y1BSSosZFzJkNFLJWKOQhsehJS6kA8vrq/https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FBioconductor%2FbiocViews%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Finst%2Fdot%2FbiocViewsVocab.dot>.
> Please make sure to pick terms that belong to the Software ontology
> (i.e. are offsprings of the Software term).

You should definitely add new terms from the Software ontology!

Thanks,

H.