[Bioc-devel] error in bioconductor package DSS

Vincent Carey @tvjc @end|ng |rom ch@nn|ng@h@rv@rd@edu
Sat Oct 1 00:06:03 CEST 2022

I don't think you are looking at the RELEASE_3_15 branch, but that is where
the error is occurring.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:03 PM Wu, Hao <hao.wu using emory.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently received an email regarding an error for DSS:
> https://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.15/bioc-LATEST/DSS/palomino3-buildsrc.html.
> The error is about the parallel computing in Windows. However, I have
> corrected this error a while ago, and it has passed the compilation before.
> It’s not clear why the error appeared again, since in the source code on
> bioconductor, the error shouldn’t be there.
>
> To be more specific, the message says that the error happened in line
> 338-340 in the vignette (DSS.Rmd):
>
> Quitting from lines 338-340 (DSS.Rmd)
> Error: processing vignette 'DSS.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
> Shrinkage estimator in parallel computing encountered errors. Please
> switch to single core.
>
> However, if I do “git clone git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/DSS<mailto:
> git using git.bioconductor.org:packages/DSS>” to get the DSS source code, you
> can see lines 338-340 in DSS.Rmd are commented out. It seems the system is
> still compiling the old version. I’m very confused. Could someone help?
>
> Thank you very much.
>
> Hao Wu
>

> --
> Professor
> Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
> Rollins School of Public Health
> Emory University
> 1518 Clifton Rd., NE
> Atlanta, GA 30322
> Phone: (404)727-8633
> Fax: (404)727-1370
> Web: http://haowulab.org<http://haowulab.org/>
> Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/8294730806

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:18}}