[Bioc-devel] BiocCheck not available in bioc-devel docker container

Stevie Pederson @tephen@peder@on@@u @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Nov 10 13:15:50 CET 2022

HI Mike,

Thanks so much for taking the time to go through everything so carefully.
It's very much appreciated.

I originally found the issue with BiocCheck by instantiating the bioc-devel
container locally. That one's sorted now so the devel version of ngsReports
builds on r-devel using linux. A few dependency issues (GenomeInfoDb) have
stymied it for OSX & Windows but that's not particularly surprising at
this stage in the devel cycle. At least that version is essentially sorted.

As to the current release version, I've tried removing the
remotes::system_requirements() step but it seems like it's a genuine
problem in the container & I'll leave it for now, or at least until smarter
people than me have spotted it & figured it out. Given the devel version
builds successfully & the code is 100% identical in release, I'll risk the
push to bioc-release. All been a bit infuriating as the only issue I'm
trying to resolve was that a deprecation warning added to ggplot2 3.4.0
broke a bunch of my unit tests. The functions all worked fine but I figured
I'd be better sorting it all out sooner rather than later. Would've been
nice if the ggplot2 update came out before the official Bioc release, but
that's the nature of the beast really.

I had a look through your code as well & that's really nice! Once this is
sorted out, I might start experimenting.

Thanks again for taking so much time to try & help.

Stevie