[Bioc-devel] Bugfix to MassSpecWavelet

Sergio Oller @erg|o||er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Mar 21 12:11:56 CET 2022

Dear Bioc-devel,

I would like to submit two fixes to the MassSpecWavelet package. I
tried contacting the maintainer but he/she was not replying after some
weeks. I am not sure if I may have fallen into a spam folder.

I hope that either some Bioconductor maintainer may pull the fixes and
apply them or the original package maintainer may see this and commit
them.

The fixes consist of (1) fixing a warning triggered when the argument
"wavelet" of cwt() is given as a matrix (and it is compared to a
scalar string inside an if() ) and (2) using length.out=  in the seq()
call instead of length= to avoid partial matching.

They could both be applied to the current release and the development one.

The diff of the changes is available here for your convenience:
https://github.com/zeehio/MassSpecWavelet/pull/1/files

And it is available for you to pull in the fix-cwt-seq branch from the
git repository: https://github.com/zeehio/MassSpecWavelet.git

If there is any other (better) procedure for me to follow to get this
merged, my apologies. I will be happy to adapt and proceed as
indicated. The documentation regarding git in bioconductor I read
assumed I was committing to my own repository, and not trying to
contribute to someone else's.

Thanks in advance,
Sergio