[Bioc-devel] macOS auto build fails with "graphics API version mismatch"

Matteo Tiberti t|bert| @end|ng |rom c@ncer@dk
Mon Mar 21 11:53:25 CET 2022

Dear all,

I'm looking into the build failure of our MoonlightR package on merida1 (macOS). It fails because vignettes fail to compile:

Quitting from lines 532-546 (Moonlight.Rmd)
Error: processing vignette 'Moonlight.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
Graphics API version mismatch
--- failed re-building �Moonlight.Rmd�

The error refers to a function call that is supposed to generate an image file for the vignette using ggsave.

I have installed R-devel on macOS 10.15.7 and I am trying to replicate the error, but it seems to build correctly on my system. I've done some searching and I suspect that packages that use the graphics API need to be recompiled on the build system since the API version changed with R 4.2. Do you think this might be the case and, if so, should I wait for this to be fixed on merida?

Notice that MoonlightR also doesn't build on Windows now because of an unrelated issue with a dependency

Thank you,

Matteo Tiberti

Danish Cancer Society
Strandboulevarden 49