[Bioc-devel] Unable to Push Error

McGrath, Max MAX@MCGRATH @end|ng |rom UCDENVER@EDU
Tue Feb 1 17:00:46 CET 2022

Hi all,

I am the new maintainer for the package "discordant" and have an update I am trying to push to BIOC devel. However, after fetching and merging the version on BIOCs master branch, when I try to push I get the error:

remote: Error: You cannot push without resolving merge conflicts.

remote:

remote: Please check the files in the commit pushed to the git-server

remote: for merge conflict markers like '<<<<<<<', '========', '>>>>>>>'.

remote:

To git.bioconductor.org:packages/discordant

 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)

error: failed to push some refs to 'git.bioconductor.org:packages/discordant'

Now, I've checked the files in the most updated version of the package (available at https://github.com/max-mcgrath/discordant ) both "manually" and with grep for the "<<<<<<< HEAD" string specified in BIOC's pre-receive hooks with no results. I do, however, get a result with the old version of the package currently available on BIOC. An unmerged commit was left in the old vignette when the package was made available on BIOC five years ago, see lines 104-108 here: https://github.com/siskac/discordant/blob/master/vignettes/Discordant_vignette.Rnw#L104 . I deleted this file during the update (switched to .Rmd), however it seems to still be causing issues (see deletion commit here: https://github.com/max-mcgrath/discordant/commit/f747838c6969bca4b63dd7f7d37ab458ac588812 ).

I'm not positive this is the problem, but if it is I have no clue how to fix it. I'm hoping someone here could lend some insight into the source of this issue and a potential solution.

Thank you for your time,

Max