[Bioc-devel] Package "sigPathway" failing on Bioconductor devel

Weil Lai w|@| @end|ng |rom @|um@m|t@edu
Sat Dec 3 22:16:26 CET 2022

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to request the sigPathway package to be deprecated at this time.  It has been 16 years since I last made any significant changes to its codebase.  I have changed careers and currently lack the knowledgebase or time to properly fix the build failure.

Of note, for those who may be interested in fixing the package for future internal use, I suspect it is failing to compile on Bioconductor devel (3.17) because of changes made in R 4.2.x codebase:

"USE_FC_LEN_T will become the default: this uses the correct prototypes for Fortran BLAS/LAPACK routines called from C/C++, and requires adjustment of most such calls � see �Writing R Extensions� �6.6.1. (This has been supported since R 3.6.2.)" (excerpt from https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/NEWS.html)

Best Regards,
Weil Lai, MD

________________________________
From: Johannes Rainer <johannes.rainer using eurac.edu>
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2022 4:13 AM
To: Weil Lai <wlai using alum.mit.edu>
Cc: bioconductorcoreteam using gmail.com <bioconductorcoreteam using gmail.com>
Subject: Package "sigPathway" failing on Bioconductor devel

Dear Package Maintainer,

this is a reminder to fix your package "sigPathway" that is still
failing on Bioconductor devel (3.17). Please fix your package to R CMD
build and R CMD check cleanly to avoid deprecation of your package.

While devel is a place to experiment with new features, we expect
packages to build and check cleanly in a reasonable time period and not
stay broken for any extended period of time.

If you are having trouble or have any further questions please do not
hesitate to reach out to the developers mailing list at
bioc-devel using r-project.org

We appreciate your attention to this matter.

Best Regards,
Johannes

--
Johannes Rainer, PhD